- A windstorm crept up on Kenyans and took them by surprise.
- Some property was damaged by the strong winds.
- As news about the rare windstorm continues to surface, we are receiving several queries and concerns from clients asking if their property is protected against such incidents.
Your Insurance in the wake of a surprise windstorm!
On October 1st 2019, a windstorm crept up on Kenyans and took them by surprise! The strong winds tipped trees and fences over and damaged vast amounts of property. They also caused disruption to drivers and other motorists as well as destruction of vehicles.
As news about the rare windstorm continues to surface, we are receiving several queries and concerns from clients asking if their property is protected against such incidents. A client expressed concern over the resultant damage caused to her house. “The wind caused the windows and doors of my home to slam violently! The windows and the rimless glass doors are all shuttered!” At Dawit Insurance we believe that your home is one of your biggest assets. It is therefore important to do all you can to protect it. The Home Insurance, also known as the Domestic Package Insurance has got you covered.
Other than your home, your saloon car, 4 x 4 or SUV are probably your most cherished possessions. After the windstorm, a concerned client said that, “Loose particles pelted against my windscreen causing a crack!” Another perturbed client alleged, “I left the office and headed to the parking lot to pick my car and drive home, only to find a huge branch on the vehicle.” Your vehicle(s) is a fairly costly investment and one that is exposed to many potential losses beyond your control. Worry not though, because this is taken care of under the comprehensive Motor Insurance. Dawit Insurance assures its clients that they’re protected from potentially crippling financial losses and sheer inconveniences caused by motor-mishaps.
Accidents happen all the time. For instance, while the windstorm swept the streets of Kenya at the start of the month, trees may have fallen on your Mercedes Benz S500; The glass roof of your conservatoire may have broken or an antique vase may have fallen off the shelf.
In summary, these are the covers that could possibly protect you during a windstorm and other natural disasters:
- Motor Insurance: Motor insurance protects against potentially crippling financial losses and the sheer inconvenience of being without transportation.
- Home Insurance: Protect your home from the unexpected with proper insurance coverage at the right price.
- Valuable Possessions Insurance: The protection you need for your most precious belongings in the event of loss through theft, accident and natural disaster.
Tips to prevent risk against extreme weather in the future
In your home:
- Reinforce the doors and windows. High winds may damage your door and windows when baned against the frame several times by the wind.
- Cover windows and doors.
- Fasten metal siding and metal/glass roofing. Damaging winds can tear away entire panels, making it easier for the wind to enter your home.
- Remove trees too close to the home. This could prevent damage if they fall.
- Anchor potential projectiles. Anchor storage sheds and outbuildings with a permanent foundation or straps and ground anchors.
- Take photos of your vehicle before parking. This will make the insurance claims process much easier.
- Buy comprehensive insurance. This ensures you’re covered financially in case your car is damaged.
- Find a cover for your car. Malls with covered parking areas are a great option for temporary shelter.
- Park beside a large building. Large buildings make an excellent shield if you cannot find a mall near you.
Feel safe, protected and covered during lousy weather and always with Dawit Insurance. We will help you plan for the unexpected with insurance coverage that’s just right for you and your family.
Have any questions? Feel free to reach out to us. Call us on 020 2011503 or write to us. Our email address is email@example.com.